Hi, I’m David
I work with companies to grow technology and services businesses by putting in place winning business development strategies, scalable operations, and a high performing culture . Right now, I’m the Chief Product Officer at FreeWheel – the leading platform for premium video advertising. Or as I like to say, I’m a CTV-CPO. Prior to that, I led product for our premium video marketplace, our Global Advisory Services team, and our Trust and Standards teams. Before I joined FreeWheel, I helped a variety of companies through Dworin Consulting, where I wrote most of the articles on this page. I use this website to share my thoughts on business, management, technology, and strategy. Or at least I used to, when I had time to write.
If you’re interested in learning more about me, you can find my bio and resume, or just get in touch.
- Core Values for Data ScienceDonald Trump’s surprise 2016 electoral victory forced me to reflect on the role of data in election prognostication, but more specifically on my own experiences helping organizations use data to make predictions and decisions. In doing so, I recognized two values critical to analytical success that were not only missing from many of the election … Read more
- Do You Have a Sales Problem or a Marketing Problem?If you want to grow revenue, do you need to improve your sales capabilities? Not necessarily. In fact, of the nearly two-dozen professional services firms I’ve had the privilege of getting to know over the past few years, only one of them had a sales problem. For the rest, the real challenge was that their … Read more
- What Airport Noise Complaints Teach Us About Time ManagementAs a consultant, I spend so much time on planes that the noise of a jet engine is a soothing lullaby. But for the people who live near the airport, those same noises can keep them awake at night. Most airports have noise abatement programs in place to balance the needs of community members with … Read more
- There Are No Keys to SuccessWould you pay to learn the key to success? The secret to health, wealth, and happiness? If so, you’re not alone. Americans spend nearly ten-billion dollars per year on self-help products from gurus touting the secrets to help you lose weight, get rich, or find the perfect mate. At the risk of destroying their industry, … Read more
- When Clients Trust Your Advice But Not Your BusinessTrusting Advice vs. Trusting a Business In nearly every industry I work with, practitioners describe themselves the same way: “we are trusted advisors to our clients.” The “trusted advisor” model is seen as both an attained aspiration and a necessary part of doing business. But when I look across the professions, I see an interesting … Read more